This salad is perfect and light for the summer months. Enjoy on its own or pair with some chargrilled prawns!
- 2 large ripe nectarines (or peaches)
- 2 medium, ripe heirloom tomatoes
- 1 roasted beet- ( or steamed) optional but adds flavor and color.
- ⅛ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 balls buratta cheese, cut in half
- handful small basil leaves ( or try thai basil)
- pinch of salt
- cracked pepper to taste
White Balsamic Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch of salt, pepper
1. Gently cut the Buratta Cheese in half and place open side down in the center of 4 plates.
2. Cut nectarines into 1/2 inch wedges and divide among four plates in a crescent moon shape.
3. Cut tomatoes into ½ in wedges and arrange between the nectarines, keeping the crescent shape.
4. Cut the roasted beet into a small dice and scatter over the crescent.
5.Scatter fresh torn basil leaves ( or cut into ribbons) over the crescent.
6. Season the plates with sea salt and pepper.
7.In a small pot or sauce pan, whisk the dressing ingredients together, just gently warming and spoon it over the salads.